Welcome back to another manic Monday! Everyone is rushing to work, trying to get things done - just like the white rabbit in Alice in Wonderland. But slow down and join the Mad Hatter and March Hare for a whimsical tea party. A whimsical tea party would be great as a wedding or bridal shower theme! Pour some tea, and enjoy a batch of cupcakes, Alice in Wonderland style. After the wedding, give your guests a bag of cupcake mix favors so they can host their own tea party.
Alice in Wonderland has to be one of my favorite Disney movies, and it is a popular theme for weddings and especially bridal showers. Many brides love to incorporate details from the Mad Hatter's tea party. It's so colorful and whimsical. Here are some ideas for the decorations:
- Add little "eat me" or "drink me" messages on your cupcakes and drinks just like the movie (but I know that I won't be needing a prompt to gobble down a delicious batch of cupcakes!)
- Floral tea sets would be perfect for tea and they don't necessarily need to be of the same design. You could have mismatching tea pots and tea cups and have different designs on different tables. It's a completely whimsical theme!
- Use laced table cloths and doilies to add a feminine and vintage touch.
- Place a vintage clock or pocket watch as a centerpiece. This not only adds to the theme, but also help guests keep track of time and schedule.
- A pastel color scheme would add to the dreamy-fantasy scene.
- Have everyone dress up in their summer dresses and big sun hats to complete the "tea party" look.
- Since it is a tea party, what better place to host it other than your backyard!
Tea parties are great, but whimsical tea parties are more fun! If you love the theme, don't be afraid to go all out with it. After all, everything is a little weird and crazy in Wonderland...
Pictures from: Style Me Pretty, Ruffled, Wedding Chicks, Elizabeth Anne Designs, Not Quite Nigella, and Green Wedding Shoes.
Oh hey, that's not the end of today's post! I just wanted to remind our wonderful readers of the contest we announced last week. If you missed it, Gracious Bridal is giving away a $75 Gracious Bridal gift card to one lucky winner! All you have to do is Like us on Facebook (facebook.com/graciousbridal). The winner will be announced on our Facebook page on August 17th 2011 (next Wednesday). So Like us now and good luck!